Thursday, January 14, 2010

About Books, January 16, 2010

Carole Seymour-Jones has written a wonderful book called "A Dangerous Liaison: A Revelatory New Biography of Simone de Beauvoir and Jean-Paul Sartre." Each is fascinating in their own right; as a pair their story is compelling. Seymour-Jones' research led her to new information about their philosphies of free love and de Beauvoir's lesbiansim. Their relationship with each other, their relationships with others and their politics make the book absorbing.

Listen to the interview at http://www.wvik.org/listings-aboutbooks.htm

1 comment:

cecilgrass said...

Another great sounding one. I stumbled into your blog and it honestly seems like you list books written just for me! We clearly have similar taste and if I wasn't online ordering my college books I'd have gotten one today!